[mythtv-users] recordings will not play as not root user

jondz jondz at dca.net
Mon Oct 24 21:11:06 EDT 2005

x = cd to that directory (if i remember correctly)
r = read the directory (including listing the contents)

its better to set-gid it (chmod g+s) to some group (mythtv?)
and then add yourself to the group.  group +s will force
all files created in the directory to be on the same group
as the directory's group.  Mine is set up as

drwxrws---  10 mythtv mythtv 4096 2005-10-20 04:09 /video

jondz