[mythtv-users] Blank Screen PVR-150 and LiveTV

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Oct 24 19:00:35 EDT 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:31:18 -0400, Hugues Belanger wrote:

>>'ve just tried and now I just get unknown audio and video codec

>>I've also read this but I don't have this option ???

>> What is the correct "card type" to select in mythtv-setup for the
>> Hauppauge WinTV-PRV 150? Is it the standard V4L?
>>

>MPEG-2 Encoder card (PVR-x50, PVR-500)

That *exact* option seems to have disappeared from the latest subversion
source. As of last week, at least. The only MPEG encoder cards listed are
the PVR-250 and PVR-350 cards.

Given that there used to be a quite different setup for those cards versus
the PVR-150/500 line, the lack of an explicit reference to the 150/500 is
quite confusing during setup.

Maybe the reference could be added *back* to the title line????

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638