[mythtv-users] audio/video stutter

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Mon Oct 24 15:16:58 EDT 2005

> But I'm confused by the message:
>     FATAL: Module tveeprom_ivtv not found.

> Why is there a "_ivtv" tacked onto the end of the module name after
> I try "modprobe tveeprom"?
> I can't actually find "tveeprom_ivtv" anywhere, nor can I find it
> listed when I grep through files.

So I figured outthat the _ivtv was comming from my modprobe.conf file
which had these lines...

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 ivtv
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv

So I took out the "alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv" and the module
loaded correctly.  At least after reboot I didn't get the conflict
messages any more.  I do still get lots of this...

     ivtv warning: i2c client addr: 0x40 not found for command
0x80287610!

not sure what that is resulting from.

Can't say if these changes work yet or not though until I get home
from work.   Fingers are crossed.  Thanks for your support.

-todd