[mythtv-users] Epia 3d drm drivers

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Oct 24 15:29:59 EDT 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:58:49 +1300 (NZDT), Robin Gilks wrote:

>Greetings
>
>I've been using Ivors Unichrome snapshots for a while and not had any
>problem with the dri drivers.
>
>I thought I'd give 2.6.13 a try as I thought that via drm was now
>supported. The modules compile & install OK but I don't get the devices
>created under /dev with the kernel version - what am I missing?
>
>Running Gentoo with udev if that makes any difference...

Running Fedora 4 and have the same problem using an Epia xorg rpm from
http://washington.kelkoo.net with 2.6.13-1.1524FC4.

I think that it is not a problem with the rpm. I found the udev
development page and I noted that the change log had a line about turning
*off* creation of /dev/dri entries (dated about March 2005).

And in my case, xorg.0.log shows that there is no /dev/dri/cardx (where x
is 0-254) and thereupon dri fails and drm is turned off.
I note that dmesg implies that dri is properly loaded... it does not
report the failure apparently.

So now the trick is to figure out how to create a udev rule which will
create the /dri/cardx entries....

Or step back to the unichrome snaps, instead of the kernel versions,
although that might not actually fix the problem, which appears to be
udev..

Any takers...because I am waaaaayyyy past my depth already!

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638