[mythtv-users] EPG in Australia?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 07:00:38 EDT 2005

On 24/10/05, Dave Oxley <dave at daveoxley.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a MythTV setup with a DVB-S and a DVB-T card. I am in Regional
> Victoria in Australia. The DVB-T is connected to Austar digital. For the
> last few weeks I have had the program guide downloading from D1 with
> tv_grab_au, but over the last few days the data from D1 has pretty much
> completely dried up and most of my channels have no data.
>
> So a couple of questions:
> 1. Is there an xmltv alternative?
http://immir.com/tv_grab_au or the NineMSN one. Search the archives
for heaps of stuff on these. The "immir" one is the best in my view.

Another alternative is to use the OzTivo database. OzTivo maintain the
program listings themselves so there's no copyright issues. They're at
http://www.tvguide.org.au/. I have a script and config all set up for
these.

More details at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/142021?search_string=tv_grab_au%20script%20from%20this%20list.%20Anyone%20else%20had%20problems%20today;#142021

> 2. How do I go about setting up DVB-EIT and does it work in Australia?

No, I don't believe it works in Oz.