[mythtv-users] Debian problems

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Sun Oct 23 22:47:48 EDT 2005

Paul Pick wrote:

>>Somebody should take the deb packages down from the mythtv
>>documentation. They are clearly abandoned and no longer maintained.
>>

>The last update was 5 weeks ago. I'd hardly call that "abandoned".
>All the binary packages except for the plugins worked for me (on sid).
>I had to build my own plugins, but using the mdz sources made that
>a snap.

Just around 4 months shy for a partially working repository right? Just
like you said, 'building using the mdz sources made that a snap'. I call
that 'abandoned'.

If they aren't going for inclusion into debian proper, and they can't
keep up with the nosebleed changes. The solution is simple. Don't target
sid otherwise its all in vain. But putting it into the documentation is
just going to trip everybody up. A good example is this very thread.

-Mike