[mythtv-users] audio/video stutter

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Sun Oct 23 21:26:00 EDT 2005

Well, I'm very close.  How often have I felt that?

I have installed a new HD5000 card along with my pvr350, and am
running on an AMD x86_64 so I've opted to go with the svn #7565 as it
seem like that fixes some issues with both the HD5000 and the x86_64
compile.

Everything is up and running.  I can use mplayer to watch either /dev/
video0 or /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 and the picture and sound (on the
HD5000) are stellar.  When I get into mythfrontend, however, and try
to watch tv I get a very stuttery picture and audio.  It will play
for a second and the pause for a second endlessly.

Looking at the output from "mythfrontend -v all"  I get a lot of
audio buffer warnings... "audio waiting for buffer to fill".  And
looking at dmesg I see this...

ivtv: Autodetected WinTV PVR 350 card (iTVC15 based)
ivtv: Unreasonably low latency timer, setting to 64 (was 32)
ivtv: Failed to load module tveeprom
ivtv warning: i2c client addr: 0x50 not found for command 0x0!
ivtv: Error -19 reading Hauppauge eeprom.
ivtv: Possible causes: the tveeprom module was not loaded, or
ivtv: the eeprom kernel module was loaded before the tveeprom module.
ivtv: Failed to load module tuner
ivtv warning: i2c client addr: 0x40 not found for command 0x40287611!
ivtv: Initialized WinTV PVR 350, card #0
ivtv: ====================  END INIT IVTV  ====================
ivtv warning: i2c client addr: 0x40 not found for command 0x80287610!
ivtv warning: i2c client addr: 0x40 not found for command 0x40287611!
ivtv: tuner 3-0061: tuner type not set

So I'm a little lost as to where to turn now.  Before I tried the svn
bundle I compiled my own kernel in order to get support for the
HD5000.  Could there be a conflict in that?
I read ( i think hear) about trying to remove conflicts of
tveeprom.ko and tuner.ko which I had both in the ivtv directory and
in my kernel/drivers directory.  Renaming the kernel/drivers set
didn't seem to help.

Would love it if someone could solve this before the world series is
over.

-todd