[mythtv-users] Import Data CD's from the frontend

Nick Parkinson nickparkinson at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 12:48:49 EDT 2005

Why can't we import data CD's from the frontend?
I have lots of DVDR's with mp3's, video files and
picture files on and I don't want to use the
keyboard/console to copy them across.

Surely it wouldn't be difficult to add a subdirectory
to Import CD giving:

 - import Audio CD <rip>
 - import mp3's from CD/DVD
 - import video's from CD/DVD
 - import pictures from CD/DVD

I gather a more intelligent UI is preferable in the
long term for the user to identify mixed media
CD/DVD's and specify what folders they should go to.
However in the meantime surely there is a cruder way
to achieve this that is one step up from keyboards and
console screens?