[mythtv-users] Custom searches against the credits table?

Stewart braedric-mythuser at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 18:21:04 EDT 2005

Can this be done?  For example, If I want to see all the clint east wood
movies, I can create the following query from within Mysql, or on the
command line...

select people.name, channel.channum, credits.starttime, program.title
from people, credits, program, channel where (program.chanid =
channel.chanid) AND (credits.chanid = program.chanid) AND
(credits.starttime = program.starttime) AND credits.person =
people.person AND (people.name LIKE '%Clint Eastwood%') ORDER BY
program.starttime;

Works great.  However, I can't use this in a custom query since it
doesn't join against the credits table.  Is this correct?

Querying against the credits table would give better results, since the
person's name is not always referenced in the description field of the
program table.

Any thoughts.

Stewart