[mythtv-users] Debian plugins

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Fri Oct 21 12:27:07 EDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 12:16:18PM -0400, James Grant wrote:
> Hey does anyone use the debian packages from:
> 	http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/unstable/mythtv   ?
>
> The 'core' components installed fine, but it looks like all the 'plugins' are
> out of date (mythvideo, mythmusic, etc).. all the dependencies are broken for
> them :(
>
> eg) its looking for  libqt3c102-mt  instead of libqt3-mt
> mythmusic has other dependency issues as well, like, its looking for libflac6
> when it should be looking for libflac7
>
> anyone know anything about this?

That's odd...  I got my mythtv debs from dijkstra, but apt-cache said
there weren't any plugins available, so I just downloaded the tarball
from mythtv.org and that worked fine[1] for me, although I did have to
manually apt-get install apache, PHP, etc., of course.

[1]  Well, mostly fine...  See my next post for info about the big
problem I hit, but it doesn't look to be anything related to Debian
or dependencies.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that