[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv supoprt for lcdproc/other lcds

Chad Delatte gremlin190 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 14:55:50 EDT 2005

First question before I go into my ramble.  Does
LCDproc have a mailing list archive where I can search
for problems and resolutions?  My display goes haywire
in about 3 hours.  I am using version 0.5.

Alright, now to answer questions.

Myth should display on any device supported by
lcdproc, if you need a list of devices I suggest going
to lcdproc's home page.

As far as how many lines you want, the question you
should ask yourself is really how far away do you
expect to be able to read the vfd.  I cannot get
further away than ~3 feet before I have to strain to
read the display.  If I had to do it over I would look
for a vfd that has large charactors like on a cash
register.  Of course finding a compatible one and
mounting it would be difficult.  I currently have a
ahanix case with a 2x16 vfd and even if my lcd never
went haywire I still would be unhappy with it do to
the limited readability.

Maybe I will hijack this thread, can we make lcdproc
or Myth use the 2 line display as 1 big line?