[mythtv-users] which dial-up modem?

Chris Trown ctrown at safe-mail.net
Thu Oct 20 12:25:35 EDT 2005

Aaron Aguilar wrote:
> Anyone have a suggestion on a dial up modem for me to buy?  I think I am
> gonna go external and it looks like the cheapest I can get is around $30.
>
> Later

      External is better in that it gives you flexibility.  It's easy to
move to another computer, if necessary.

      There used to be a time(LONG time ago when I was taking care of
dialup modem banks) that I pushed modems with Lucent chipsets.  These
days, however, it just does'nt matter.  So long as it's not a winmodem.

      Go to www.pricewatch.com and search for external modem.  Cheapest
I saw was $17.

Chris...

--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -- Benjamin