[mythtv-users] Starting to think I should use Kaffeine instead of Mythtv

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Thu Oct 20 10:09:04 EDT 2005

On 10/19/2005 8:51 PM Simpson, Richard wrote:

> [...]

Agreed.  I am most familiar with FreeBSD but couldn't get MythTV to run
on that platform so I found myself looking at Linux.  I started with FC3
per Jarrod's guide but quickly found out the limitations when I needed
to do custom compiles to support some of my hardware.  I think some
refer to it as "RPM hell".  :)  Then a few recommended Gentoo since it's
portage system was created by people who used to work with the FreeBSD
ports system.  Thus the Gentoo way was familiar to me and made my
transition to Linux much easier.  Now MythTV was a whole other story...  :)

Cheers,

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse