[mythtv-users] PVR-500 Only one tuner works

Peter Darley darley at darleyconsulting.com
Thu Oct 20 00:22:27 EDT 2005

Folks,

	I've just installed a PVR-500, and I'm having a problem.  I can use video1,
but I get only static on video0.  It seems like the problem is that it's not
actually able to change channel; I think it's tuning channel 1 which I don't
get, since the static looks just like a tv that doesn't have an antenna or
cable hooked up.  It's possible that the problem is not that it's not
changing channel, so I don't want to rule anything out.

	When I try to use ivtv-tune, I get:
# ivtv-tune -d/dev/video0 -c60
/dev/video0: 439.250 MHz

# ivtv-tune -d/dev/video1 -c60
/dev/video1: 439.250 MHz  (Signal Detected)

	Which seems to be saying that the channel change on video0 didn't succeed,
while the change on video1 did.

	I'm hoping that there's someone else out there who has had similar problems
and can give me a pointer.  I'm also not rulling out that it's just broken.

Thanks,
Peter Darley