[mythtv-users] Starting to think I should use Kaffeine instead of Mythtv

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Wed Oct 19 18:34:27 EDT 2005

ffrr wrote:

> Oh boy, I certainly hope you are right.    I didn't think of
> interrupts, but that certainly might be the problem.  Turns out the
> card was sharing interrupts with a whole bunch of stuff, including the
> SATA raid, nForce2 etc...  I have moved it, physically and it is on a
> different interrupt now (see below)
>
> Initial testing seems to be clear of ALL sound glitches, and only some
> very very minor video artifacts (which may be true reception problems).

Sad to report, it isn't fixed.  I think it's better than it was, but
it's the sort of thing that is variable, and time will tell over the
next week.  However, the glitches still show up from time to time.

My current plan of attack is to wait for the Mandriva 2006 upgrade to
become public and try that, before going down the route of shelling out
money on a new card.