[mythtv-users] Remote frontend hangs when left idle in select recording

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Oct 19 17:20:03 EDT 2005

jgmtfia Mr wrote:

> I am running a remote frontend in a window.  When I let a remote
> frontend sit idle for a long time on the "Select a recording to watch"
> screen, the frontend hangs.  I come back to a back window and no
> keypresses can bring it back.  What can I do to assist in finding out
> what is happening?

I don't know if it is related but I recently sumbitted a fix to stop the
frontend from requesting the updated preview picture every 500ms which
it does in the released version of MythTV.  I used to have my frontend
lock up alot when left in the Watch Recordings screen and since that
patch, I haven't had that issue.  If you're running the SVN version of
Myth, updated to the latest version or apply that patch.  If not, it
will be in 0.19

Kevin