[mythtv-users] Speaking to control MythTv

Adam Bodnar ambodnar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:08:32 EDT 2005

So I was reading PVR Wire and saw a story about this software for the
Mac. http://www.speakables.com/TV.htm

I thought this would be something cool for Myth Tv and from what just
doing some quick browsing that there are apps to control linux.
However, I'm not sure if they just launch applications or can issue
keystrokes.

Of course the obvious problem would be having your computer trigger on
sound from the tv. But there are some ways you could work around this
by adding a trigger word or just have the application not be activated
when the tv is playing something.

I could so see my friends thinking I'm insane if they saw me talking to my tv.

I'm going to look into this a little more, but if anyone has any
ideas, let me know.