[mythtv-users] 'Scan channels(s)' button can not be pressed.

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:02:52 EDT 2005

On 10/19/05, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The card type is 'Standard V4L capture card' and can not be changed.
> What
> > should dvd0 show up next to, I have viewo devide /dev/video0. shuld this
> be
> > /dev/dvb0?
>
> Is this still the nova-t card that you mentioned in an earlier post?
> I'm pretty sure V4L is wrong for this. As I recall I V4L was the
> default, but I was able to scroll through other options and select
> dvb. At this point other parts of the window light up, and I was able
> to select dvb0 as a particular card. Try deleting all cards and
> adding it again.

retried lots of times. Am i missing some packages?

> > > 2. Check that mythbackend is not running when you configure the
> > > capture card, or try and run the channel scan.
> >
> > Is there a channel scan someware as well as 'Scan channel(s)'? sa I said
> > can not navigete to/press this.
>
> I think it's the greyed out one you need. When you get the card
> detected right it will un-grey itself.
>

> > > 3. As an experiment, try running mythtvsetup as root. If the channel
> > > scan button lights up, thats a clue that you've got permission
> > > problems on your dvb devices. Don't carry on with the setup though.
> > > Back out, fix the permissions, and run mythtvsetup again as your
> > > mythtv user.
> >
> > What I dont quite understand is why I have ot select a video source if I
> am
> > getting my istings over dvb? I A
>
> Perhaps you don't - I'm getting some of my guide from the radio times
> grabber.

Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of using
the veneer of objectivity
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)