[mythtv-users] mythtv supoprt for lcdproc/other lcds

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:12:12 EDT 2005

On 10/19/05, Neil Bird <neil at fnxweb.com> wrote:

> OK, thanks. Do I need any extra plugins or patches to Myth? I've not seen
> any reference to LCD controls (or really any LCD refs. at all) in the
> prefs.
> or docs. Is there any way to know or configure in advance what sort of
> info.
> I'll be getting?

No, you don't need any extra plugins or patches. You just need to check the
"Enable LCD device" option on the appropriate screen in the Appearance setup
section. Once you've done that, you can enable the displays that interest
you.

As far as what you get, if you're in a menu, it'll show you where you are in
the menus. If you're watching a recording, it'll show you the name of the
show, the episode, and what channel it was recorded from. Same for Live TV,
only you get the channel that you're watching. In MythMusic, you get the
artist, album and track information. It's pretty slick.

Carl Fongheiser