[mythtv-users] Can't nuvexport after transcoding?

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Wed Oct 19 07:13:31 EDT 2005

> > Is this normal? A show that I have transcoded to Mpeg4 causes
> > nuvexport
> > to fail (ffmpeg just seems to die).
> >

> > I am doing nuvexport from transcoded-mpeg4 to divx and to nuv+sql
> > without problems. I do not know if either of these two exports use
> ffmpeg.
> >
> > Niels Dybdahl
> >
> Ah I think that type of export just copies the .nuv file - so no
> conversion is necessary. Could be wrong though.
>
> Anyway, I have decided to stop using transcode. Too many problems in the
> mp4 that results... things like audio delays, and very nasty stuttering
> when playing it back (could be the file itself or playback - I don't
> know) if the file is very long (2 to 3 hour movies for example).

I do not have any problems using mythtranscode to go from MPEG2 to MPEG4.
Actually I do transcode all recordings immediately to MPEG4.
However if I use mythtranscode in 0.18.1 to cut out commercials of an
already transcoded recording, I get severe problems (database corruption,
problems when skipping forward). I did not have these problems in 0.14 or
0.16, so I hope they are gone again in next release.

I have had audio-sync problems with most of the export options in nuvexport.
Apparently some of the programs used do not handle the timestamping inside
the nuv-files. However I have not seen audio-sync problems with the DIVX
exports.

Niels Dybdahl