[mythtv-users] mythbackend crash

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Wed Oct 19 05:02:08 EDT 2005

Greetings

Another problem :-((

This one is a bit more interesting. I'm running a diskless Epia system
with all the filesystems NFS mounted on a server. I've just twigged that
the backend on the Epia system crashes when the file it is recorded gets
to 2048M. I'd seen this before but not associated it with anything in
particular as I had not at that time "stabilised" my system.

I assume its something to do with the way I have NFS set up - I'm not
running quotas - but I can't see what values to tweak and where to remove
this limit.

Samba had a well known limit of 2G a couple of versions back but I can't
see that that has any bearing at all on NFS!! ulimit doesn't have a factor
for file size and any googling I do for an answer assumes I'm running
quota.

Hmmm - stumped :-(

--
Robin Gilks