[mythtv-users] Re: Xbox as FE

Vladan Bato vbato at ieee.org
Wed Oct 19 07:53:30 UTC 2005

Robert Anderson wrote:

> I have created a torrent to distribute my entire xebian installation
> with mythtv frontend installed.
>
> http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3397792

Hi, I have downloaded but I have a question.

I didn't install it yet, as I have an *almost* working installation.
The only thing that's not working is the DVD remote.

I see the following in my dmesg:
devfs_register(lirc/0): could not append to parent, err: -17

And apparently, to fix it, lirc needs to be patched and recompiled, but
this in turn requires a kernel recompilation (I couldn't compile lirc
with just configured kernel sources).

After I downloaded your xebian installation, I tried poking around the
filesystem and in /var/log/dmesg noticed the same error message that I get.

So the question is: have you tested the Xbox DVD remote with it?

This is also a plea to everybody: Does anyone know how to make lirc work
on xebian 1.1.4?

--
Vladan Bato
vbato at ieee.org