[mythtv-users] Starting to think I should use Kaffeine instead of Mythtv

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 18 19:42:54 EDT 2005

Isaac Richards wrote:

><snip>
>
>Why do people bother responding to this kind of crap?  If someone is being so
>ignorant as to threaten to use another software package just to get some
>attention, let them.

It was merely an exaggeration to illustrate my point.  Of course, I
can't use Kaffeine to replace Mythtv. Kaffeine is a very simple app,
barely able to schedule and record shows.

But, the comparison to Kaffeine had another very important purpose. I
wanted to stress that, despite it's simplicity, it was indeed achieving
a better result in the one area of picture quality (lack of
noise/glitches) and ability to play back video without crashing.  This
being the specific problem I was experiencing with mythtv.

>Seems like a good scheme to get a lot of replies,

As opposed to none?   You are right, I did intend to get some resposes.
That's exactly what I needed.  It seems my previous posts had gone
unnoticed. That happens, and sometimes a catchy title sparks some
interest.

>but I
>think it's pretty idiotic.

I am sorry you feel that way.

While I am here though,  thank you to the many who have helped me in
this thread.   It has been very much appreciated.