[mythtv-users] WinTV-PVR-350 hardware decoder only works for TV out?

Simpson, Richard Richard.Simpson at wgint.com
Tue Oct 18 16:45:01 EDT 2005

It's very straightforward:

1. Ensure MythTV is compiled with XvMC support. I use Gentoo so this is under my control. If you install from an RPM, verify this.
2. Select "use XvMC hardware decoder" in the Mythfrontend configuration.

That said, it's a good idea to make sure you select a video card that's known to work with MythTV and the nVidia driver. I can testify that my FX 5200 does work. A recent thread on this list suggests that hardware decoding does not work with the 6200 card, and I suspect that the nVidia driver is the culprit.

Richard.