[mythtv-users] Video iPod

John P. Mitchell john at cepros.com
Tue Oct 18 16:43:06 EDT 2005

MythTV Users,

> On 10/18/05, Joseph A. Caputo <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> On Monday 17 October 2005 19:02, Jeremy Palenchar wrote:
>> > Rather than spend a lot of time trying to hack a solution for this,
>> > why not
>> > just get Myth to act as a video podcasting station and let iTunes
>> > handle all
>> > of the formatting and transfer down to the iPod?
>>
>> Will iTunes do that??  I didn't think iTunes handled
>> transcoding/reencoding; the source material must be in the correct
>> format/resolution to begin with, mustn't it?

   I am not sure about iTunes, but I bet we could get it transcoded with
the normal tools.

>> -JAC
>>

> You'd have to use quicktime.  That's apple's "Answer".

   I am not so sure. Take a look at:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorials/creatingvideo.html

It does not say that QuickTime Pro is required. If you look at the bottom
of the page the video formats that the iPod supports are listed. I thought
we have the tools to put video into mp4 already.