[mythtv-users] New Digimatrix questions

Peter Darley darley at darleyconsulting.com
Tue Oct 18 01:42:17 EDT 2005

Steve,

     The HDTV playback is great.  I've got mine hooked up to my TV
doing 1080i at 1280x1024px, which is the highest that the digimatrix
does, tho it occures to me writing this that it may not be as large
as 1080i allows.   Didn't have to mess with modelines or anything,
and it doesn't have any overscan problems.  I don't know how much of
that is my tv and how much is the digimatrix.

     I got it at NewEgg for just under $300 before tax/shipping  You
need to add a hd, memory and cpu.  The CPU has to be a P4/Celeron
Northwood core, which can bit a bit tough to find.  I had to go to
ebay, but it was still only around $90.  The whole thing was around
$420, using a hd that I already had lying around.

     So far it's been great for me, except for the problems I'm
having figuring out how to configure the tuner.

Thanks,
Peter Darley