[mythtv-users] (Slightly OT) Multi room Multimedia playback

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Mon Oct 17 21:54:06 EDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:59:22 -0700
mrwester wrote:

> On 10/17/05, Robert Denier <denier at umr.edu> wrote:
> >
> > I'm curious if anyone has ever heard of a good solution to say play back
> > an audio stream in many rooms at the same time, while keeping it in sync
> > enough so they didn't clash.
>

> I think Slimserver- http://www.slimdevices.com/ running either to squeezebox
> devices, (alternatively there are emulators to play the stream) will do what
> you're suggesting. Not 100% sure how to do from command line at server, but
> should be possible.

You don't need the squeezebox device, just a computer with a web browser and mp3 player.

And you can control it without the web browser if you are prepared to do some scripting.

> A yr or so ago there a few e-mails trying to generate some interest in
> trying to integrate slimserver into mythtv, but I've not seen anything...

Ahhh well i tdidn't see that, but I think this would be prefereable to
the current mythmusic arrangement.

--
Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>