[mythtv-users] (Slightly OT) Multi room Multimedia playback

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:59:22 EDT 2005

On 10/17/05, Robert Denier <denier at umr.edu> wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone has ever heard of a good solution to say play back
> an audio stream in many rooms at the same time, while keeping it in sync
> enough so they didn't clash.

I think Slimserver- http://www.slimdevices.com/ running either to squeezebox
devices, (alternatively there are emulators to play the stream) will do what
you're suggesting. Not 100% sure how to do from command line at server, but
should be possible.

A yr or so ago there a few e-mails trying to generate some interest in
trying to integrate slimserver into mythtv, but I've not seen anything...