[mythtv-users] myth storage balancing script

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Oct 17 17:23:25 EDT 2005

> i wrote this quick script to kind of load balance my oldest videos off
> to a remote box when i get close to full.  (set up as a nightly cron
> job)  not the best way in the world to handle this, i know, but a
> partial solution bests no solution.
>
> anyway, figured it might be useful to others.

You can also use the myth_archive_job.pl script in the contrib
directory setup as a User Job to automatically move certain recordings
off to different recording directories.  It supports multiple
destination directories and allows different thresholds for each
directory and forcing directories.

Usage from the JobQueue is like this:

	myth_archive_job.pl -d %DIR% -f %FILE%

Edit the script to fill in all the archive directories you want to
use by changing the @ArchiveDirEntries array.  If you use this, be
sure to turn on the "Follow symbolic links when deleting files"
setting in mythtv-setup so that Myth Deletes both the link and the
file the link is pointing to in the archive directory.

--
Chris