[mythtv-users] xbox linux distros

kanetse at gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 12:15:35 EDT 2005

On 10/16/05, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback. I saw a post on the download site's forum that
> someone else was having a problem also? Hopefully they'll take a look at it
> and be able to fix it.
>  Do you mind if I ask how you were installing it? Where you copied it to,
> etc?

I know I posted an issue with the loopback FS to the
not404.com<http://not404.com>forums, so that post might have been me.
Basically, the way it is supposed
to be done is as follows:

1. Download the FC4Looback.tar.bz <http://FC4Looback.tar.bz> file to a PC
(preferrably a Linux machine).
2. Un-tar the file to get a set of files (About 5-6 files, totaling a little
over 2 GB in size)
3. FTP those 5 files to your XBox, into the E:\debian directory; since that
directory is hard-coded into the Cromwell BIOS.
4. Using your EvoX dashboard, or other application to run the
E:\debian\default.xbe
5. Choose "Run XFedora4".

There was a reply that I remove any old directories named E:\debian, instead
of just renaming them. That was valid in my case, since I had an existing
installation of Xebian 1.0.3 that I had simply renamed to E:\debian.old. I
haven't tried the suggested solution yet.

HTH