[mythtv-users] Re: lircd starts fine, but crashes as soon as something tries to use it

Jon Kunze jon99ut at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:34:53 EDT 2005

I tried the symlink, and it seemed to work... until i rebooted.

So now I've got bigger problems. Like before, I uninstalled lirc via yum and
then tried to reinstall yum, which fixed the problem before, but only until
I rebooted.

I did the following

# yum remove lirc-kmdl-$KVER
# yum remove lirc

then I did

# yum install lirc-kmdl-$KVER
This line fails as it says there is no match for my kernel
# yum install lirc
This one goes fine

Then I do the

# /sbin/depmod -a
# /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
No moduble lirc_i2c found
# /sbin/chkconfig lircd on
# /sbin/service lircd start [OK]

Then when I run either irw or mythfrontend, I get "lircd dead, but subsys
locked" again.

Any ideas on this? Unfortunately I'm at work right now, so I can't put the
exact error messages in this email, but I will be able to later tonight if
anyone has any ideas. Thanks.