[mythtv-users] remote control recommendations

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 02:30:15 EDT 2005

--- Ricardo Kleemann <ricardo at americasnet.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a PVR150 MCE which doesn't come with a remote. I'm trying to
> setup
> mythtv, but I need to buy a remote which will work well with lircd.
>
> Does the PVR150 MCE come with an IR receiver? If so, does it only
> work with
> the hauppauge remote? Or can I buy another remote with which I can
> setup
> lircd and use the same IR receiver.
>
> Or is my only option to buy a remote with IR receiver combination?
> What are
> your recommendations, for setups that work with standard lircd
> configurations?
>
> Are there low priced remotes that will work with lircd (that have
> available
> config files for lircd)?

I don't think the MCE version of the card comes with an IR receiver, so
you'd need to get some sort of receiver first.

For Hauppauge cards that do have a receiver, other remotes can be made
to work with them.  For instance, just today I got a $17 URC-6131
remote working with my PVR-250, with the help of this site:

http://www.vulturesnest.net/mythtvremote.html