[mythtv-users] nuvexport and 704x576

Max Barry mythtv at maxbarry.com
Mon Oct 17 00:41:08 EDT 2005

One of my TV channels is in 704x576 (not the more common 720x576), and
when nuvexport processes a show from it, the resulting movie has an
enormous black border around it.

It looks a lot as if nuvexport has taken a 16:9 picture, scaled it down
to fit it into a 4:3 box (thus adding black borders to the top and
bottom), then put this into a 16:9 frame (thus adding black borders to
the left and right). That is, the proportions are all correct, but a
good 20 or 30% of the picture is black, with the video squeezed into the
middle.

Any tips? I've tried two different versions of nuvexport to no avail.

Max.