[mythtv-users] remote control recommendations

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Sun Oct 16 18:41:08 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a PVR150 MCE which doesn't come with a remote. I'm trying to setup
mythtv, but I need to buy a remote which will work well with lircd.

Does the PVR150 MCE come with an IR receiver? If so, does it only work with
the hauppauge remote? Or can I buy another remote with which I can setup
lircd and use the same IR receiver.

Or is my only option to buy a remote with IR receiver combination? What are
your recommendations, for setups that work with standard lircd
configurations?

Are there low priced remotes that will work with lircd (that have available
config files for lircd)?

Thanks
Ricardo