[mythtv-users] Lousy video quality with standard v4l

Alex Polite notmyprivateemail at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 13:31:34 EDT 2005

Hi.

I'm moving from freevo to mythtv. Mythtv's standard interface and web
interface are superior to those of freevo. Unfortunatly I can't say
the same thing for the video quality. Under freevo I used a mencoder
script to do my recordings and the quality is vastly superior to those
of myth.

One problem I'm having is that the contrast is to far to high. I get
very little detail in the dark and light areas. Reducing contrast when
viewing (by pressing G) will just make the image greyer, it doesn't
actually give me more detail.

Does anyone recognise this? Are there any filters that remedy it?

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source