[mythtv-users] scheduled recording only works while watching tv?

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sun Oct 16 09:30:43 EDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 02:15:34PM -0700, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:
> Does recording only work while watching TV?

No.

> Why can't I simply schedule, and go away without going into watch tv?

Your problem is somewhere else.  Maybe you forgot to "save settings"
while in the schedule window?  I usually go to the "scheduled
recordings" list after adding new shows to see if there are any
conflicts (or if my request was deferred to a later showing).  You could
also check the logs to see if the recording made it into the list but
failed for technical reasons.