[mythtv-users] 150 or 150MCE

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Oct 16 05:16:34 EDT 2005

Some parts of the world have the mce retail for sale (for example New
Zealand) which DOES include the remote - in my case a RC6 with a Philips
USB receiver. lirc-0.7.2 supports the usb remote out of the box (no ir
blaster yet though). Extra keys to the grey or black Hauppauge remote :-))

> My understanding is that the Media Center edition doesn't come with a
> remote
> - you are expected to use your Media Center remote with it.
>
> On 10/15/05, Carl Fongheiser <carlfongheiser at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Depends on what you want/need; the main differences are:
>> > PVR150: remote, no radio
>> > PVR150MCE: radio, no remote
>>

>> The retail PVR150MCE comes with the Media Center remote and receiver.
>>
>> Carl Fongheiser

Robin Gilks zl3rob/g8ecj
Internet: g8ecj at gilks.org    http://www.gilks.org