[mythtv-users] Re: OT: nVidia and XvMC?

Mark Linford mlinford+mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 15:38:54 UTC 2005

On 10/15/05, Brian Merrill <bmerrill at sfcn.org> wrote:
> Hi, you really haven't said much about your setup outside of your Myth
> hardware so this is probably way of the mark, but I figure it couldn't
> hurt to mention.  Anyway, is that Sempron 64 bit?  And are you running
> FC 3 64 bit as well as the NVidia 64 bit binary driver?  If so, from
> what I can tell on the nvnews.net linux forums, XVMC pretty much doesn't
> work at all with the 64 bit driver.  That said, if the 64 bit scenario
> doesn't come into play for you, then please disregard.  However, it does
> sound eerily similar to what I was chasing for a short while trying to
> get XVMC to work on my Athlon 64, so worth a shot in mentioning.

The Sempron is 64bit capable, but I'm using the 32bit version of FC4,
for the same reasons you mention above. Here's some more detail about
my setup:

* GIGABYTE GA-K8VM800M Socket 754 VIA K8M800 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
* GIGABYTE GV-N62128DE Geforce 6200 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card
* AMD Sempron 64 2500+ Palermo 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor Model
SDA2500BXBOX
* Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400, one stick
* pcHDTV HD3000
* Hauppaguge PVR-150

Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks!

Mark