[mythtv-users] Changing channel delay theory

Alberto Alonso sp-23856721 at ggsys.net
Sat Oct 15 04:55:46 EDT 2005

OK, I read the docs that say that the buffering of 4 seconds
is needed so that fast forward and rewind work.

I am hoping that someone will help me understand why. If the
buffer doesn't have any back data I can understand the operations
to just leave the viewing cursor at the present position. However
if during the viewing they user decided to pause this would start
filling up the cache. This would then have the effect of being
able to forward/rewind as needed.

Any explanations?

Thanks,

Alberto