[mythtv-users] Re: Apple iMac Remote

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Sat Oct 15 01:44:54 EDT 2005

One problem that I see with the Apple Remote is that it lacks number
keys for changing the channel. I agree with their "simplification"
stand -- the average remote is *way* to complicated for what it
does... but scrolling through 60 channels isn't fun either. I think
if they ever at TV/DVR functionality, they'll have to add a number
pad to the remote (which would still leave it with less than 1/2 the
number of buttons on a Media Center PC Remote) --- Although, I bet a
scroll wheel

Joshua said:

> Otherwise the iMac has built in Bluetooth, so I plan
> on using my mobile phone as the remote.

Just FYI, some time ago, I wrote a script for use with Salling
Clicker that lets you use a bluetooth phone as a remote for MythTV
Frontend for Mac. Its very simple, but I use it all the time and am
pretty happy with it... I keep meaning to polish it up, but I'm too
busy watching TV. Anyway, I wrote it for my T616 but I think it
should translate fairly well for most phones. You can download it
from here:

http://homepage.mac.com/bdolman/FileSharing1.html
Obviously, it also requires Salling Clicker. ( http://www.salling.com/
clicker/ )

Comments, suggestions, improvements, or if anyone wants me to explain
it - just drop me a note.

Brad