[mythtv-users] New LCD Server Q's

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 01:07:49 EDT 2005

I really like the new LCD code as it is much more robust, but I've found
some issues with it.

1. The code runs as a seperate process so if you kill the frontend it spits
out a warning every 10 seconds or so. Is there a way to make it a child of
the mythfrontend process, so that if you kill the frontend it kills the
LCDserver?

2. In mythmusic the display is much slower than it used to be. I used to
roll through the songs and it would spit out the currently selected song on
my VFD but now there is serious lag. It takes a few seconds to update the
display with the currently selected song. Is there any way to speed this up?

3. My VFD module is pretty crappy 16x2, so I can't see very much at any
given time. However, in the old code when in LiveTV or watching a recording
it would display the StationID on the top line while displaying the current
program's title and subtitle on the bottom line. Is there an "easy" way to
fix this? :)

Thanks,
-Greg