[mythtv-users] Help converting HD recording to burn to dvd

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:21:18 UTC 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 17:37, Byron Poland wrote:
> On 10/14/05, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks for the tip.
> > >
> > > I recorded the nova einstein e=mc2 program from pbs, and ran it
> > > through  the demuxer on ProjectX, and got a ton of errors, and an
> > > audio stream only.  full program stream plays fine on my  frontend.
> > >
> > > I'm currently running the mpeg through mplayer to rescale, and dump to
> > > yuv and piping the yuv output to mpeg2enc to encode back to the dvd
> > > complient stream.
> > >
> > > I'm a little baffled though as the original program stream seems to be
> > > a mix of 24fps and 30fps.  Mplayer is dumping the following messages
> > > as it dumps to yuv:
> > >
> > > demux_mpg: 24fps progressive NTSC content detected, switching
> > > framerate. V:71858.3 20301/19944 36% 98%  0.0% 0 0 43%
> > > demux_mpg: 30fps NTSC content detected, switching framerate.
> > > Warning! FPS changed 23.976 -> 29.970  (-5.994000) [4]
> > > V:71863.9 20468/20107 36% 98%  0.0% 0 0 36%
> > > demux_mpg: 24fps progressive NTSC content detected, switching
> > > framerate.
> > >
> > > The errors in ProjectX and then the multiple fps all seem strange to
> > > me.
> >
> > are you performing any inverse telecine or deinterlacing? I use
> > avidemux2, and am not too familiar with what mencoder has, but I'm sure
> > it has a deint capable of handling mixed interlacing methods.
> >
> > Steve
>
> Not that I know of...
>
> Maybe I'm missing something.. when you demux in projectX, do you then
> bring the seperate audio and video streams into avidemux2?  Also with
> this program I I didn't even get a video stream output from demuxing
> in projectX.

ProjectX lets you remux or output as seperate files you have to tell it in the
process window what you want, either TS or demux. Avidemux can use either,
under the audio menu is the option to use an external audio file.
 Right now though I've found avidemux to have an odd sync issue that the
author is beginning to look into, but if u use ProjectX to cut commercials
you can then use mencoder to do the encoding, at least till avidemux solves
the issue(which only occurs for the late night talk shows for me...?).

anyway, i'm outta here for the evening...

Steve