LVM *was* Re: [mythtv-users] Highest number of simultaneous streams recorded?

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 16:45:16 EDT 2005

If one wanted redundancy only (is that RAID-0??) then I take it you would
skip LVM entirely, correct? - IOW, are the 2 mutually exclusive or can you
use LVM with RAID? The reason I ask is because I'm starting to put together
some plans to build a master backend server (currently I have a
frontend/backend combo) which will not only house myth and it's recordings,
but also all of my music and pictures/videos of the kids. (the latter of
which I would want the redundancy in case of a drive failure).