[mythtv-users] Channel Setup

Richard Smith rick_t_smith at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 15:45:59 EDT 2005

I'm struggling to understand the mechanics of setting up the channel
information in Mythtv/XMLTV.

What is the relationship between the channel.xmltv files and the channel
table in the database?
What does clearing the channels in mythtvsetup actually do?
What is the role of mythfilldatabase in respect of  the channel information?
What is the best way of managing a channel database?

Is this stuff documented anywhere, or shall I delve into the sourcecode?

Richard