[mythtv-users] VT-310DP update

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 20:42:48 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. I got my VT-310DP, installed Fedora Core 4, rebooted
and... SMP kernel won't work.

I can only boot up in single-proc mode. I've run "yum upgrade" and have
tried kernel-smp-2.6.13-1.1526_FC4 without any luck. The plan is to "stick
to stock" and follow Jarod's Excellent Instructions, but I want to see how
much pain is involved in getting dual-proc working before proceeding any
further in single-proc mode.

If anyone has any successes or failures to report (any distro, not just
Fedora Core 4), I've opened a discussion at VIA Arena. Please feel free to
append any details there:

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=68411&enterthread=y

Thanks!

Andrew.

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.