[mythtv-users] /dev/lirc missing during FC4 setup

Mark Rissberger mrissbe1 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Oct 13 19:52:24 EDT 2005

Hi,
    I'm looking for some assistance with setting up lirc on my myth
box.  I've followed the FC4 install guide from wilsonet.com step by step
and yet at the end of the lirc install, I don't have a /dev/lirc.  The
only one that is there is /dev/lircd.  So the daemon starts, but as soon
as I run irw, it stops running.  I've basically narrowed it down to the
lack of the /dev/lirc file.  I'm using a PVR-150 (non mce) with the
newer grey/black remote as well as a PVR-150 MCE.   Any ideas?  I've
been pouring over the  mailing lists here as well as  on  the lirc lists
as well, but I haven't  found the  secret.  Hopefully I'm just being a
dunce and one of you will be able to show me the light.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark