[mythtv-users] Frontend with no window manager?

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Thu Oct 13 17:41:46 EDT 2005

Question for the hive mind: can you run a front-end with no window
manager? I've got an Xbox frontend, and it takes bloody forever to start
up Xebian (1.1.1 in my case) and then launch Myth. Doing things in Myth
is sloooooow, especially when it needs to spawn mplayer to watch a
video, etc. I'm assuming most of that slowness is releated to the lack
of RAM and the copious amounts of swapping that are consequently going on.

Can one run the frontend with no WM to save RAM? If so, can somebody
point me to the step-by -step? I searched on gossamer, but was unable to
come up with any definitive answers.

Thanks.

-Pete