[mythtv-users] mysql access problem

Martin West martin.west at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Oct 13 17:24:44 EDT 2005

hhmm, I think I have found the problem. The default mysql installation
3.23.58. I have a local installation of 4.1 in /usr/local.

/usr/bin/mysql -u mythtv -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by
server; consider upgrading MySQL client

So now have to figure how to get mythtvsetup to use my local
installation.

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 22:06 +0100, Martin West wrote:
> I ran the install mc.sql OK but when I run mythtvsetup I get an error
> saying authentication protocol not supported. I can logon using mysql -u
> mythtv -p at a command line. Im using mysql 4.1.9 on FC3.
>
> Any thoughts?

regards Martin West
http://www.objectgizmos.com
07879 680 096