[mythtv-users] XvMC compiled in yum packages?

Jules Gosnell jules at coredevelopers.net
Thu Oct 13 10:59:05 UTC 2005

R. Geoffrey Newbury wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:25:01 +0100, Jules Gosnell wrote:
>

>>>If you are on an Epia system, this might be of help...
>>>

>>http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/
>>
>>There is an Epia RPM repository here, which includes xorg built with
>>Unichrome drivers. You just install the kernel-module (may need
>>rebuilding for your system),
>>

>Could you explain which kernel-module you are referring to here, please?

"via drm kernel module" - check the link. SRC RPMs are avalailable for
d/l. I guess it interfaces the Unichrome h/w via the kernel to
application space. How functionality is divided between the various
levels, I'm not sure.

Jules

>The via video driver???
>

>>just point yum at the repository and suck down
>>xorg and maybe xine-lib (for h/w enabled xine),
>>

>G.
>

>R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
>Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
>Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell
 * Partner
 * Core Developers Network (Europe)