[mythtv-users] MythMusic volume

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 01:49:55 UTC 2005

On 13/10/05, Sage <gypsycaravan at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I'm playing songs via MythMusic, my volume control does not work.
>  If I hit the up/down volume keys on the remote, there is a volume bar
> that moves up and down, but the actual sound does not increase or
> decrease.
>
> Volume controls work fine for watching recordings or live tv.  In the
> "General" settings, I have the volume controls configured to
> manipulate the Master volume.  I'm using ALSA sound drivers.
>
> Is this normal behavior for MythMusic?  What can I do to get volume
> control working?

MythTV is likely using the ALSA mixer (set as 'default' ) to control
your audio. MythMusic uses OSS and so could be using a different
control that the ALSA mixer does not control (if using ALSA with
OSS-emulation. I use SPDIF-out so don't have this problem, but seem to
recall a similar post a few weeks back.

Nick